Teacher: Oouida Dorr Grade/Period: 10, 11, & 12 – 2nd. 3rd, and 4th periods
Last three Principles of Design Photographs
Movement, Rhythm and Harmony
October 14th – October 18th, 2019
Objective: Students will create photographs that represent the last three Principles of Design (Movement, Rhythm and Harmony). These 3 images will be turned in on Thursday, October 17th. The Principles of Design Reading and Cornell Notes is also due on Friday, October 18th.
Sub Objectives and State Standards/State PO’s Highlighted
Strand 1: Create – The students will create art/photography that communicates ideas, meanings, and/or purpose.
Strand 2: Relate – The students will analyze and interpret contextual ideas meanings, and purposes of art from diverse cultures and time periods.
Strand 3: Evaluate – Students will draw thoughtful conclusions about the significance of their own art.
3.3 Demonstrate work ethics and behavior
3.6 Practice the use of technology & techniques
3.7 Display elements of professionalism
6.0 Explore problem solving and decision making means
6.1 Practice problem-solving processes for a graphic
Phase One: Do Now
T will: Day 1:
- “The Hook” – Intro PowerPoint with Principle of design, the assignment, then a classroom discussion about how to depict the principle of design images
- Bell work: How are the Principles of Design different from the Elements of Art? Explain…
- Classroom discussion about how to get inspiration from principle of design.
- Buddy Buzz with your shoulder partner about your ideas about how to depict (non-literally) these 4 Principles of Design.
Phase Two – Instructional Scaffolding
- The Agenda: Bell work – Bell work: How are the Principles of Design different from the Elements of Art? Explain…
Teacher led Q & A about
Student assessment: Rubric completed for the 4 8x10 photographs of the Principles of Design, emailed to Mrs. Dorr at email@example.com – and the Cornell notes on the POD reading.
Instructional Strategies & Activities:
T: (I do) Demonstrate taking this type of photograph
S Will: (You do) Create 4 images that represent (not literally) these 4 POD
GW: (We do) Students work collaboratively with a partner to brainstorm images for their final prints.
Phase Three - Formative & Summative Assessment
Student assessment: 3 cardboard Prints with Rubric
- Ticket out the Door – Bell work: How are the Principles of Design different from the Elements of Art? Explain…
- Student assessment of personal work through display of examples
Phase Four – Practice, Apply or Extend Knowledge
- Be able to work collaboratively to design and create large relief prints
Movement, Rhythm and Harmony
T: Display of completed photographs
Group W: Classroom discussion about how to get inspiration from principle of design. Buddy Buzz with your shoulder partner about your ideas about how to depict the principle of design each student selected.
Team W: Create images
- Formative A: Ticket out the door – Bell work: How are the Principles of Design different from the Elements of Art? Explain…
Final Objective: Create and produce collaboratively
- Computers and Photo Equipment
Modifications & Differentiation
- Peer assistance/tutor
- Direct teach to individual students
- Extended time for assignments